Thursday 29 July 2010

SIXTH ENTRY - TRACKING / PAN&TILT

In April Tobias ordered a tripod head to test for tracking.
For Solo Duets we had mounted part of an old tank gun sight to the camera. The camera was also attached to the ceiling, rather than on a tripod, as my bedroom floor in Edinburgh was far too unstable for stop-motion.

I didn't manage to animate any pans in Solo Duets, as the camera lens was not correctly lined up with the position of the turning head of the old tank part.
But perhaps this time things may work out.

The Solo Duets shoot, 2005.

Possibly the setup for Unattended Lessons....



a quick test, made in April, 2010. I'd never moved a camera.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joseph- I've done tracking myself using wooden tracks and mounting my camera on a solid block of wood sandwiched in between- provided you can secure the tracks to the floor, the technique works really well x

    ReplyDelete